One of our favourite Easter treats are the little cornflake nests with a Mini Eggs on. But eating 18 of them over a weekend can’t be good for anyone! So when Nicki said she’d come up with a cleaner recipe we were all ears!
Here it is…
- 1 & 1/2 Cups of Oats
- 1/3 Cup of Mixed Seeds (I used Pumpkin, Chia and Flax Seeds)
- 1/3 Cup of Chopped Nuts (I used Walnuts, Hazelnuts, Cashews and Almonds)
- 1 Sachet of Whey Box Vanilla Protein Powder (Other flavours would work well too! Be Creative!)
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup of Almond Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp of Nut Butter
- 2 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl and evenly divide into a greased muffin tray.
- Bake at 170 for around 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before decorating with your favourite Easter treats, I used Mini Eggs attached with 80% dark chocolate.
Note: I like these nests as they are, however if you would like them to be sweeter add extra maple syrup or sweetener.
Have a great Easter!