A big thank you to Josi for this mouth-watering recipe!
Boy oh boy these are so moreish and delicious, not to mention surprisingly easy to make! These little truffles make a delicious dessert and you can even leave them in the freezer then they are ready and waiting when the need hits you! That way you’re never short of a slightly healthier alternative. These also contain avocado and nut butter which are great sources of healthy fat, so if you’re going to have chocolate you may as well make these!
- Flesh of 1 medium avocado
- 30g nut butter
- 2 tablespoons Cacao powder
- 30g Sweetener of choice
- 25g melted coconut oil
- 1 sachet of Whey Box Chocolate Orange
- In a processor, simply pour in all of the ingredients and blend for 1-2 minutes until the ingredients are well combined. You may need to stop it periodically to scrape down the sides and make sure the avocado is really well mixed in
- Put the mixture into the fridge for up to an hour to make it easier to handle
- Tip a handful of extra cacao powder into a shallow bowl
- Take the mixture out of the fridge and use small spoons to start forming it into small truffle balls
- Roll each of the balls in the extra cacao powder then place onto a plate lined with greaseproof paper to help prevent sticking
- Put the plate into the freezer again to set
- Remove from the freezer about 5-10 minutes before you’re ready to eat and enjoy!
See more from Josi: