Granola might be one of the greatest foods on earth. You just can’t beat it at the end of a hard day, covered in yoghurt and dried fruit. Crunchy and sweet!
Sadly a lot of store-bought granola’s are very high in carbs and are also quite expensive… enter Hannah Littlemore who has created a protein granola recipe using our banana protein.
- 3 cups of oats
- 1 handful of pecans
- 1 handful of walnuts
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 sachet of Whey Box banana protein
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Sprinkle of coconut flakes (optional)
- Sprinkle of dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 180°C.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper
- Mash the ripe banana and combine this with the coconut oil, cinnamon, cacao powder, salt and whey protein. Mix well until well combined.
- Combine this mixture of wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- After mixing, put the raw granola mixture into the line baking tray and pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes. The granola can be in the oven longer than 15 minutes, this depends on how crunchy you want it to be.
- Store the granola in an airtight container or bag.
This will keep the granola fresh for 2-3 weeks, if you haven’t devoured it before then!
Serve with almond milk as a cereal, mix with yoghurt, sprinkle on to smoothie bowls or munch on it as a snack!
See more from Hannah: