One of the best things about our whey protein sachets is how versatile they can be. This couldn’t be more evident than with the following recipe created by our blog contributor Jessica Ward…
For the omelette – for 1 omelette
- 1/2 a banana mashed
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon (extra for sprinkling on top, this is optional! You could swap the ground cinnamon for raw cacao powder and make a chocolate omelette instead)
For the toppings
- Alpro simply plain yoghurt, mixed with Whey Box gingerbread protein powder; this enriches the yoghurt with protein and adds the most delicious flavouring – warming, comforting and subtly spiced. This protein tastes just like gingerbread men!
- Frozen berries (experiment with your toppings! Dried fruit would also be a great idea!)
- Mixed seeds
- Sliced banana
- A sprinkle of coconut sugar for sweetness and crunch
- Using a non-stick frying pan heat some coconut oil up on low heat whilst you prepare the omelette mixture.
- Mash the banana thoroughly and mix in the cinnamon and the 1 egg, combine this mixture together and pour the batter into the heated frying pan.
- Cook on a low heat until the bottom of the omelette becomes firm and cooked. Once the bottom of the omelette has become firm, finish the cooking process under the grill on a low heat. This ensures that the top of the omelette is completely cooked.
- Once the omelette is cooked, add all your toppings & enjoy! Oh, if you have time don’t forget to capture the sweet omelette and upload it to Instagram.
To see more from Jessica: