Guest blog by Jessica Ward…
The good thing about this recipe is that it can be customised; you can mix all your favourite treats together using the same method I have! Swap the raisins for cherries, dates or chocolate chips. You could substitute the seeds for more nuts, you could swap the marshmallows for bee pollen, a protein bar chopped up or even some granola! The basis for this recipe is melted chocolate, coconut oil, 1 sachet of chocolate whey protein powder and some honey – this can then be mixed together with your favourite goodies. Experiment, get creative and share your creations with me!
This rocky road is delicious crumbled on top of porridge, sprinkled on yoghurt or eaten on its own with a warm drink. Chop the rocky road into portion sizes and wrap them in some cling film, ready for a snack on-the-go. Be prepared! And ‘hangryness’ won’t strike, the sweet cravings won’t occur and your energy levels will certainly rise. Don’t deprive, don’t restrict yourself and don’t have a negative mindset towards food. Food fuels our body and mind and without it, we would not be able to be productive. We will not meet our goals and we will not feel ready to take on challenges.
- 3 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 1 sachet of Whey Box chocolate protein powder (scroll to the bottom of this page for a discount code!)
- A handful of melted 80% dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp of honey
Add-ins are to be mixed into the wet mixture.
- A few handfuls of mixed seeds
- 3 handfuls of broken up almonds
- 3 handfuls of raisins
- Marshmallows (for the top of the rocky road)
- A drizzle of Sweet Freedom Choc Shot or a chocolate syrup of your choice!
- Melt the coconut oil, dark chocolate chips and honey together. Allow this to cool slightly and stir in your whey protein. This is the base for the mixture.
- Add your chocolate mixture to your add-ins – for example, your seeds, almonds and raisins. Make sure the whole mixture is well combined.
- Once the mixture is combined, line a tin with parchment paper and press your mixture into the mould.
- Put your rocky road mixture into the freezer for 1 hour. Once the mixture is set, cut into squares or your desired shape and keep them stored in an airtight container in the fridge. These will last for up to 1 week in the fridge, or longer! However, let’s be serious… These will be eaten in a few days.
- Want to make extra mixture? Double the ingredients! And be prepared for the next few weeks ahead.
To see more from Jessica: