This recipe was created by the amazing Sarah at www.sarahshealthybakes.com
Juice from 1 large orange (around 75ml approx)
Zest of 1 orange
1 sachet whey box chocolate orange (or No whey box chocolate flavour for Vegan option)
10g Cacao powder
30g Raisins 30g Flaked almonds
15g Pumpkin Seeds 15g Sunflower seeds
50g Dark chocolate, chopped 50g Dark chocolate (to drizzle)
1. Grate the zest of 1 orange into a large mixing bowl, then juice the orange and add to the bowl.
2. Next add your oats and combine until the it creates a sticky mixture.
3. Mix in the protein powder and cacao powder, followed by the dried fruit, nuts, seeds and chocolate chunks and mix well.
4. Spoon the mixture into a square baking tin and press down firmly (really firmly) with the back of a spoon.
5. Melt the remaining dark chocolate in the microwave then drizzle over the bars.
6. Refrigerate overnight to set the bars then cut into pieces.
Make sure the oats are starting to stick together when you mix, if this isn’t happening you’ve used too much orange juice and will need to add a few more oats. The mixture will feel quite dry and hard to mix, but it will all come together after a few minutes of mixing. I’ve used dried fruit, nuts, seeds and chocolate but feel free to use any combination you like!