Vegan protein brownies, studded with dairy-free chocolate chunks and drizzled with vegan salted caramel. The perfect post work out treat, using all natural ingredients and packed with over 8g protein per serving! This recipe was created by the amazing Sarah at www.sarahshealthybakes.com
300g smooth almond butter (or peanut butter- the runny kind!)
50g coconut oil, melted
120ml maple syrup
70g oat flour
1 sachet No Whey box salted caramel
60g cacao powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
50g Dairy free choc chunks
Drizzle- 1 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup or date syrup
1. Preheat oven to 160 fan and a line a square brownie tin with greaseproof paper.
2. In a large bowl mix together oat flour, protein, cacao, baking powder, baking soda and salt
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut oil and maple syrup until combined then slowly add in dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
4. Finally fold in chocolate chunks.
5. Press into brownie tin and bake for 15-18 minutes.
6. Allow to cool on wire rack.
7. To make salted caramel drizzle simple mix all drizzle ingredients and drizzle a way!
Tips: • Simply blend oats to make a fine oat flour • Keep an eye on the brownies when baking the less you bake the gooier they will be!