We are counting down the next 12 sleeps before Christmas Day with 12 delicious gingerbread recipes… the most delicious Christmas yet! Make sure to tag us if you try any of these recipes, and use the #GingerbreadCountdown #WheyBoxDoesChristmas #WheyBox
This recipe is by the lovely @almost.healthy.amy
1 Whey Box gingerbread protein sachet
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
45g coconut oil, melted
40g date syrup or molasses
40g coconut sugar
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 medium egg
zest of 1/2 orange
2 balls of stem ginger, finely chopped (optional)
melted dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C, and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Grind the oats in a food processor until you have a flour-like consistency.
3. Place them into a mixing bowl, along with the gingerbread protein powder, baking soda, ground ginger, ground cinnamon and salt, and give it a quick mix.
4. Next add the melted coconut oil, date syrup or molasses, coconut sugar, fresh ginger, egg and orange zest to the bowl. Give it another big stir, making sure that all the flour is picked up from the bottom of the bowl.
5. Then mix in the little pieces of stem ginger (if you are using them)
6. Cover the bowl with cling film, and put int the fridge for 10-15 mins to firm up slightly.
7. Once chilled, place headed teaspoons full of mixture onto the baking tray to form 12 cookies. Don’t forget to leave room for spreadage! Take a wet finger and smooth over the top of each cookie.
8. Place in the oven for about 12-15 mins, until a rich golden colour, and the house smells like Christmas!
9. Leave to cool for a few minutes, until cool enough to move onto a cooling rack.
10. Once cooled, or until you can’t wait any more, dip one half of the cookie in dark chocolate and sprinkle liberally with edible glitter and orange zest!