We are counting down the next 12 sleeps before Christmas Day with 12 delicious gingerbread recipes… the most delicious Christmas yet! Make sure to tag us if you try any of these recipes, and use the #GingerbreadCountdown #WheyBoxDoesChristmas #WheyBox
This recipe is by the lovely @sarahssugarfreebakery
180g Self Raising Flour
60g (2 sachets) Wheybox gingerbread
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ginger
- 60g egg whites
- 60g treacle
- 60g Maple syrup
- 180g fat free greek yogurt or Quark
- 15g butter, melted
- 90ml semi-skimmed milk
- 60g raisins
- 170g butter, at room temperature
- 25g cornflour
- 170ml semi-skimmed milk
- 170g baking Stevia
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Mix flour, protein powder, baking soda, mixed spice and ginger in a bowl.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together egg whites, treacle, maple, yogurt and melted butter until well combined and smooth.
- Add in 1/3 flour and half the milk and mix well, repeat the same process finishing with final part of flour. Finally add in the raisins and mix well.
- Spray muffin liners with low calorie spray and spoon mixture into the cases evenly.
- Bake at 180 for 18-20 minutes (depending on size of muffins) until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool on a wire rack.
- To make the frosting, whisk together cornflour, stevia, coffee granules and milk.
- Transfer to a pan on medium heat and whisk constantly until you get a thick paste (this may take around 5 minutes)
- Take off the heat, stir in vanilla and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whilst the paste is cooling, beat butter until pale and fluffy.
- Add the paste and beat for another 5 minutes until light, fluffy and thoroughly combined.
- Pipe the frosting onto the muffins and decorate with festive toppings.