We are counting down the next 12 sleeps before Christmas Day with 12 delicious gingerbread recipes… the most delicious Christmas yet! Make sure to tag us if you try any of these recipes, and use the #GingerbreadCountdown #WheyBoxDoesChristmas #WheyBox
This recipe is by the lovely @everydaywithreay
For the loaf:
- 200g plain flour
- 80g caster sugar
- 100g butter
- 150ml condensed milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 30g sachet whey box gingerbread protein
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the glaze:
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp condensed milk
- 200g icing sugar (or until good consistency)
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Grease a loaf tin and pop it to one side.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (gingerbread whey, flour, sugar, ground ginger, baking soda, salt, cinnamon).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (eggs, butter, condensed milk).
- Bit by bit, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold in (mixture might look curdled at first, but trust your baking!).
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and pop in the oven for around 40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While cooking, mix all your glaze ingredients together (except for the cranberries).
- When the loaf is done, leave to cool for around 30 minutes.
- Add your glaze, cranberries, slice & serve!