We are counting down the next 12 sleeps before Christmas Day with 12 delicious gingerbread recipes… the most delicious Christmas yet! Make sure to tag us if you try any of these recipes, and use the #GingerbreadCountdown #WheyBoxDoesChristmas #WheyBox
This recipe is by the lovely @the_luminouslife
½ cup of oats
1 cup of semi-skimmed milk
½ sachet of Wheybox Gingerbread Whey Protein
1 handful of raisins
1 tbsp honey
3 mini gingerbread men
Sprinkling of cinnamon
- Grate ½ apple and chop into small squares.
- Heat up a frying pan on a medium heat setting. Then add a splash of water, 1tbsp honey and the chopped-up apple. After about 30 secs add in the sprinkling of cinnamon (you don’t need too much) and mix altogether with a wooden spoon.
- Let the apple fry until it softens and becomes slightly golden. If you prefer the apple to be a little crunchier then don’t fry for as long.
- Measure out ½ cup of oats and 1 cup of semi-skimmed milk and pour both ingredients into a bowl.
- Pop the bowl of oats and milk in the microwave on a high setting for 2 ½ minutes or until the porridge is at a desired consistency.
- Once the porridge is completed in the microwave, add ½ sachet of Wheybox Gingerbread Whey Protein and ½ handful of raisins to the porridge and stir in until the protein powder is completely dissolved.
- Add the apple topping to the porridge and any left-over raisins you have, along with your 3 little gingerbread men and then enjoy!