We are counting down the next 12 sleeps before Christmas Day with 12 delicious gingerbread recipes… the most delicious Christmas yet! Make sure to tag us if you try any of these recipes, and use the #GingerbreadCountdown #WheyBoxDoesChristmas #WheyBox
This recipe is by the lovely @leishamulveyfit
- 120g (4x sachets) Whey Box Gingerbread Whey
- 60g (4x tbsp) honey
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 125g Apple Sauce
- 30g (2x tbsp) honey
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl, except the eggs until well combined.
- Then gradually add in the eggs and stir. If the mixture is too dry you may need to add a drop of milk.
- Line a small square baking tin with greaseproof paper or my preference is to use a silicone mould which is great for lots of bakes and prevents sticking.
- Bake at 160°C for 20-30mins until a knife comes out clean.
- Once out of the oven and out of the baking dish/mould pour the remaining honey on top and distribute evenly to give it a nice shine. You can do this whilst hot.
- Slice and serve.