- 1 medium banana (125g approx)
- 30g almond butter
- 70g date syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 egg
- 70g wholemeal spelt flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 sachet whey box banana protein
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50g dark chocolate chunks
1. In a bowl, mash the banana, add the almond butter and date syrup and mix thoroughly.
2. Add the egg and whisk together.
3. In a separate bowl add the flour, cocoa, protein powder, salt and baking powder and mix together.
4. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Finally fold in the chocolate chunks until evenly distributed.
5. Spoon into a lined 1lb loaf tin and bake on 170 for 40-45mins. Allow to cool on a wire rack.